Indoor Wireless LAN
Requirement: Flexible Networking in Buildings & Offices
Cable networks are inflexible with a considerable amount of effort involved if changes are made to the rooms. Connecting guests, mobile users and mobile objects is also a problem. Wherever you look there is a need for greater flexibility in networking—as a basis for greater efficiency, productivity and cost savings.
Solution: Indoor Wireless LAN from LANCOM
Indoor wireless LAN solutions from LANCOM offer the greatest possible flexibility when networking buildings and offices.
- Be it in a meeting or at a colleague’s desk—WLAN provides employees with access to enterprise resources wherever they may be.
- Field staff on their day in the office can sit down at the most convenient workplace and are automatically connected to the network via wireless.
- Guests receive separate accounts but use the same WLAN infrastructure to access the Internet, and the whole time the company network remains off limits to them.
- Temporary rooms are fully networked without having to lay any expensive cable.
- Clinics introduce the electronic patient’s file, take orders for food via tablet PCs and communicate with doctors economically and anywhere in the building with Voice over WLAN.
- Shops integrate their stocktaking directly into the central database via wireless barcode scanners.
- In the home office, employees can position their desks independently of telephone sockets, accessing the company network via wireless and VPN.
Outdoor Wireless LAN
Requirement: Networking of Open Spaces and Mobile Objects
Looking for the maximum possible competitive advantage, companies are expressing the need for networking on open ground, extensive premises and mobile objects. But: Laying network cables requires massive effort, is prohibitively expensive, and does not cater for mobility. Alternatives are the order of the day.
Solution: Outdoor Wireless LAN from LANCOM
Outdoor wireless LAN solutions from LANCOM enable outside areas and mobile objects to be fully networked without cables:
- Wireless connectivity for webcams and surveillance cameras.
- Construction companies can monitor the progress of large-scale projects over wireless for realtime comparison with the planning.
- Container terminal operators can optimize their inventory management via WLAN, and benefit from continuous contact with their employees via Voice over WLAN anywhere on their extensive premises.
- Railways benefit from greater passenger safety when entering and leaving trains thanks to video over WLAN.
- Ski regions integrate cable cars and ski-lifts into their networks via wireless.
- Internet Service Providers realize their backhaul connections over WLAN.