Scalewireless partner in IP-video surveillance, Synology, released Surveillance Station 8, that provides PC and MAC client software for their surveillance solution.
Synology Inc. today announced the official release of Surveillance Station 8.0, delivering a new and efficient desktop client, smart multiple streaming technology, and painless failover setup, providing better management experience.
“Surveillance Station 8.0 is a smart surveillance system, offering flexible deployment and smoother live view experience,” said Jonathan Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc., “the new face of Surveillance Station will show how easy it can be to gain a higher sense of security.”
Surveillance Station 8.0 includes the following new features:
• Surveillance Station Client: In addition to checking live views and managing channels within browsers, users can now install Surveillance Station Client to enjoy significantly improved performance and efficiency, and be free from browser limitations.
• Multiple streaming: Supports automatic and manual resolution adjustment based on the size of the monitoring window or event, saves bandwidth consumption1 when prospecting multiple channels. Choose to automatically switch to higher resolution recording only when important events occur, maximizing storage utilization1 during continuous recording.
• Advanced action rule: More advanced action rules and events are supported to further automate the surveillance system. By flexibly utilizing the logical operators and multiple events, actions can be triggered when one or all of the pre-defined criteria is met.
• Automatic failover: Users can enable flexible failover on CMS to enjoy an intact surveillance structure with minimized downtime, more flexible server requirements, and lower threshold on cost and management.
• New codecs: Supports the new H.265 codec, enabling more supported cameras for users to choose from while reducing bandwidth consumption up to 25%2, providing faster streaming experience during both live view and recording. Optimized H.264+ by Hikvision® and Smart Stream by VIVOTEK® and ZAVIO® are also supported.
• VS360HD firmware upgrade: The upgrade allows users to easily connect VS360HD to the NAS, and manage almost every feature of Surveillance Station on VS360HD. QuickConnect ID and HTTPS connections are also supported to let users access Surveillance Station from anywhere in the world.
Surveillance Station 8.0 can be found through DiskStation Manager’s Package Center on all Synology DiskStation and RackStation running DSM 6.0 and above as well as on NVR216.